Translate

16.1.14

STORAGE: How to Make the Most Out of Your Small Bedroom

Lately I've experience great frustration due to moving into a new apartment that is not quite as spacious as my parents house. At first, I was thrilled to finally be out on my own, but then reality hit me when I realized how small my bedroom was. 

That's when I thought, "I need to figure out easy and inexpensive ways to make the most out of my small room." I literally had no storage space in my room and had no idea where I would store all of my clothing and accessories. As a girl who loves fashion- I needed to figure something out ASAP!!  (...and I did)!!

Small bedrooms can present storage, space and decorating challenges which will only lead to frustration and clutter. Who wants to live that way?! Absolutely NO ONE! This is why I've come up with a few fun, inexpensive and easy ways to store everything from clothing, towels, jewelry and accessories in a small bedroom.


This is what your room probably looks like...


And this is probably how you feel...


This was my room before:


Here are some of the tips that helped me with the lack of storage space in my room, and will hopefully help you!


Too much jewelry?! Sometimes jewelry boxes and stands aren't enough to keep your jewelry neatly stored. Use a soup bowl, pencil stand and even a cup to store some of your jewelry. Buy a storage bin at Target (about $5-$12), and place the above on top of it. This will give you double storage! 
Too many clothes!? Sometimes closet space just isn't enough for us girls. This is when we need to think alternative ways to store our lovely pieces of clothing. I had this same issue and decided to purchase clothing racks to store my clothing. I suggest buying one that has a sturdy base where you can place other things under it such as shoes and bags. I purchased mine for about $19.00 at Target. It is not available online, only in stores. 
No space for clean towels?! I purchased a cute storage bin at Target for $20 to store my clean towels. I also have a small bathroom so decided to store my towels in a stylish wooden bin under my clothing rack. 
What about my purses?! Like my towels, I also store my purses under my clothings rack. Note, they aren't on the floor as I've been told that it is bad luck to keep your purse on the floor. However, they are sitting quite comfy on the base stand that came with my clothing rack. 
And My Makeup?! I don't have much makeup- not because I don't like it, but because I'm not the best at applying it. Nonetheless, I still needed to find some place to store my few makeup essentials. I purchased a neat invisible divider for my makeup at Target. I got it for a steal at $6.64!! 
Finally, what about my hair supplies?! I have numerous hair products, especially since I have long and curly hair. I need to maintain my hair as well as store my many hair tools. Remember those Target Storage bins I told you about? Well, I purchased more than one, and that is where I store my hair tools. 




I hope my ideas have helped and inspired you. If you come up with any more cool ideas or try any of mine, PLEASEEEE let me know AND take pictures!! :)
- xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hadrien! Thank you for your kind words. I will follow you back on bloglovin :)xx

    ReplyDelete


Hover Pin It Code

Back to Top